Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A nice surprise

So I was at my office till 10pm last night working toward some upcoming deadlines and preparing class. I was tired, hungry, and headachey when I got home. Josh was in the study and called to me, asking some random question. When I came in, our bed was in there and I screamed with delight!

Here's why that was a big deal:
1. The study has been, well, "full" for a long time now. It was sort of Josh's de-facto storage room for props, movie equipment, and a lot of magazines, random papers, etc. He's been so busy this year on projects that he was never really able to organize it.
2. The fact that the bed is in there means that the study is basically clean and organized now! There is still a little bit to do, but it's oh-so-close.
3. I've definitely entered my "nesting" stage and am starting to get anxious about getting everything ready for the baby (and I'm anxious in general, so you can imagine...). Now that the bed is gone from the baby's room, I can get started.
4. I didn't think Josh would have time to move the bed for a long time with all he has on his plate and it wasn't something I could do by myself. Plus, he somehow moved a king-sized bed all by himself, organized everything that was underneath it, and made it beautifully. It was just so sweet.

5 comments:

Kiera said...

He must love you!

Katrina said...

Good man.

Leah said...

Funny how that is pretty much the most romantic thing ever.

Angie said...

Wahoo. Make way for the baby stuff!

ohana=)mama said...

A boy who can make a bed beautifully or who cares to is a rare gem. I am so proud of Josh I could just scream! Way to go!!