Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Animal house

You know that story about the man who thinks his house is too small and asks a wise man what he should do about it and the wise man suggests he bring in various animals to live with him? The man follows this advice until his house is completely packed, dirty, and out of control. Then the wise man tells him to get rid of the animals all at once and--by contrast--the man feels like his house has more than enough space for him and his family.

Well, for the next 6 weeks, I am in a way inviting animals to share our already tiny house. In order to keep my foot in the door at BYU (and make some extra pre-baby cash), I'm teaching a summer term class (Advanced Writing in the Social Sciences) in addition to my full-time job and mothering job. Things like doing the dishes, weeding the garden, and sleeping have been been mostly or entirely eliminated.

My hope is that come August 9th (if I survive that long), my normally hectic life will feel more peaceful than ever before.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like us! That is how I feel about our basement being done. When its done the chaos will be over and life will be better.

If you need help at all this summer with Zoe, you can totally bring her over to our house to play so you can rest.

Kory said...

If you need actual animals for your theory, you can borrow some from us.