Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cool hat party

For Zoë's second birthday, I wanted to celebrate with things this cutie really loves, so we had a "cool hat" party.


The guests. Good sports, all.

When Alex showed up in a cool hat, Zoë's got really, really excited. This is her very excited face.

Her other favorite thing is horses, of course, so this is the cake me and my mom made her. She took a swipe at it right before the party, hence the crack in the neck and discolored frosting at the bottom.

Nothing I love more than those cute lips puckered.

When I asked her what piece she wanted, she said--without hesitation--"the eye!"

She got lots of great presents, many of which could be worn, and wear them all she did, at once.

Yes, she's "milking" a rubber glove. An idea my mom came up with for us as kids. Might sound kind of weird, but she was in heaven.

Her big surprise from her grandparents was a horse she could ride. She was glued to it for the next 24 hours straight (this is the next morning).

And she got a special birthday present from her daddy--her constant request for "Daddy shave beard off, scratchy" was granted!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

What a fun idea! And I love the birthday present request from Josh--too cute.

Diana and Jon said...

Wow Rachel that looks like an awesome party...I really wish we could have been there. That cake is AMAZING! You've gotta show me how to make cool cakes like that when I have kids. Especially kids that are old enough to care.

Susie said...

love the pictures-how in the world did you find time to write this entry. I know a little of how busy you are. I love the compilation of everyone who wore hats! But most of all the pictures of Zoe