Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us


It's hard to believe, but this Monday we will have been married seven years. We decided to celebrate by springing for a couch (actually two) for the first time of our marriage.

Thanks to a tip from my mom on a great sale at Macy's, we were able to get two couches and a fabric warranty for well under the price of one of my dream couches, Crate and Barrel's Petrie.

While the futon my parents loaned/gave us has been great, I'm so excited to have a grown-up couch and more seating room! I feel like we can finally have people over to comfortably watch a movie (and we have a few of those).

Can't wait until these are delivered on July 2!

4 comments:

Joshua Ligairi said...

This is kind of like when I buy presents to "us" that are DVD box sets, but I'm glad you're happy. Hope this brightens our unusually busy anniversary for you.

Rachel Mae said...

You will love it when you experience the bliss of both of us being able to stretch out on a couch to watch a movie . . .

Susie said...

happy anniversary!!!

Rachael said...

what an awesome anniversary present. seriously, so cool!

and I am right there with you on this--for my birthday this year I requested a bed. as in a frame, so our mattress is not sitting on a floor anymore. we've been married for almost eight years...it's about time we graduated to a grown-up bed.