Friday, July 2, 2010

KSL cancels Hannity

Oh happy news, KSL has canceled the Sean Hannity show! If you, like me, think that Hannity represents all that is wrong with American political discourse, write KSL and tell them thanks!

Mark Willes
President
Deseret Management Corporation
150 Social Hall Avenue, Suite 500
Salt Lake City, UT 84145

Phone: (801) 538-0651

And Josh told me yesterday that the LDS church pulled funding from the Provo Freedom Festival this year based on the choice of speakers the last two years (both divisive, extreme, rhetoric-over-facts right-wing type folks). I love it when the church takes action to back up its claim to political neutrality.

All of this is making me feel all the more patriotic for this weekend. Happy 4th!

8 comments:

Crolace said...

Oh, that is such good news! I'm totally writing a letter!

Rachael said...

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!

Amy said...

FABULOUS! I needed to hear this!

Susie said...

yesssss......!!!!!

Susie said...

yesssss......!!!!!

Jeff said...

Yes, great news. However, the "Family Values Talk Radio" station KNRS has already picked him up. They will begin airing him on my birthday no less.

Kory said...

I read that on their website. They're just "making room for local talent" was pretty funny.

Joshua Ligairi said...

Jeff, I don't think Rachel is saying that he shouldn't be aloud to exist at all. I think she's just excited that a church-owned station has dropped him. the Family Values whosit-whatsit can carry him all they want because nobody listens to it or claim that it is somehow church sanctioned. And yes, sadly, people do that with KSL. Gotta fight for that political neutrality.