Friday, July 9, 2010

As it turns out

As it turns out, I wasn't sick of our house per se, just our furniture. In the last week or so, our couches and new coffee table/ottoman arrived, we replaced our wonderful but too-big-for-our-house (and the wrong style) table with a great KSL find, and today found the perfect end table for between the couches (also on KSL). Have I mentioned that I love KSL? Cheaper than Ikea and great unique, vintage items that will last another 50 years.

Anyway, I love our house now! It feels at bigger, more inviting, relaxing, etc. Ahhhh.

Now comes the fun part--picking out fabric and sewing pillows, finding a fun lamp, refinishing the end table (okay, maybe that part won't be as fun), and finding the perfect wall hangings. Maybe some new window coverings as well.

I'll post pictures when most of the above is done (hopefully pre-baby!)

Also, as it turns out I semi-invented (more like adapted) the most delicious chicken recipe last night when I went to try to use ingredients already hanging out in our freezer/fridge. If three of your favorite foods are feta cheese, tomatoes, and fresh basil--as mine are--try this:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom of a casserole dish and sprinkle a couple tablespoons bread crumbs on it. Place 2 to 4 boneless chicken breasts (might work better if you split them first) between wax paper and flatten them to 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin. In a separate bowl, combine feta cheese, tomato, and fresh basil (in whatever quantities look good to you and will be enough to generously stuff the number of breasts you're preparing). Put filling on one half of each breast and wrap the rest of the chicken around it. Put a dab of filling on top of each breast, sprinkle about 1/4 cup bread crumbs over the top of everything, and bake for 30-40 minutes.

So good!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

mmmm....mmm. it's great that you invented this. I'll try it. Sounds so good.