Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I know I've reached my stress max when I can't stop crying over an email from my visiting teacher (who I barely know) offering to replace a visit (which I begged off because I just couldn't fit it in this week) with a meal, babysitting, or anything else I needed.

People are kind. I need to be a better visiting teacher.

Also, my parents = saints. They've been watching Zoë full-time, mowing our lawn, loaning out their washer/dryer while ours has been broken, driving us places, etc. etc. for weeks. They even cooked a meal for Josh's family on top of all of that. We seriously would not have survived these past few weeks without them.

Had a beautiful funeral for Josh's grandpa yesterday, complete with a military salute whose gunshots couldn't quite compete with the dramatic thunder at the graveside. More on that later. It was worth recording in better-written detail.

Also had a Turley family reunion / cousin wedding this weekend. I went to as many of the activities as I could, and they were great.

Josh is off to another film festival this week and I'm buried under a backlog of papers to grade, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I don't care how crazy life will be with two kids, I am really looking forward to my maternity leave.

6 comments:

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

That sounds cRaZy for you! Good luck with grading those papers.

Rachael said...

I hope things calm down for you soon--spend an hour or two just doing something for you, if you can.

Amy said...

SO sorry to hear about Josh's grandpa, my grandmother passed away two weeks ago as well.

Hope things calm for you soon! If you ever need someone to watch Zoe, you are more than welcome to bring her by, or if you want to use our washer and dryer, we are just down the street!

kelsey said...

Life is crazy with two kids, but it sounds like you are already dealing with a lot as it is! I hope that things settle down for you.

Kory said...

It sounds like we've had similar weeks. Only I'm not pregnant so you definitely have that on me. I hope things get better. We really would love to help out with Zoe or something. Isn't weird feeling so dependent on your parents again? Even if it's weird to call, you should call us if you need anything.

ohana=)mama said...

I would totally offer babysitting if you would like. We love Zoe and would love love love having her over. -Raschel H. Please call me if you need me.