
Zoë's passport has been applied for. For the next five years, whenever she travels internationally, her full-cheeked 7-month-old face will greet airport security personnel. Hopefully her eyes stay blue because her stated height of 2'3" is not going to remain correct for long.
(And the outrageous $15 we spent getting her photo taken at the post office for convenience's sake--and because the guidelines for photographing babies were fuzzy--was almost worth it. It was a classic reversal of surly, unhelpful mail clerk donning all sorts of ridiculous faces to try to get Zoë to smile, while she stared at him with a decidedly unamused expression.)
3 comments:
ha ha ha. so was it a serious face? I worry that the people who look at my passport will think I am an imposter because my hair was dark and I weighed less last time. All of my ID has me with dark hair. But they must deal with that situation all of the time.
PS-Why do people always want people to smile for pictures anyway?
Yes, a very serious and distrusting face. I'll post it when we get it back. It's pretty funny.
All I can say is that I can guarantee you that Zoe will look less like her 7-month-self when she's 5 than you do with light hair. And her weight difference will also be much more drastic. And if they're okay with that, I think you'll be fine.
Josh on the other hand? Well, he's always susptected to be a terrorist anyway. Hmmm . . . maybe I shouldn't connect his name and the "t" word on the internet.
As for smiling for pictures, people generally look nicer and we like to remember people as nice, I guess. Haven't you ever heard the expression "her face lit up with a smile"? (That is an expression, right? Oh wait--you wouldn't know. You're the reason I don't know for sure.)
Post a Comment