Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moody

Zoë's moods change quickly. Observe:





And recently, I'm a factor in her mood changes--as in, when I leave her sight, her mood changes (for the worse). Is separation anxiety at 3.5 months common? I tell you one thing, it's not going to make blessing her very easy next week. Poor Josh.

Speaking of Josh, this morning at 6 a.m. the neighborhood rooster (yes, our neighborhood has a rooster) was doing his thing and Josh kept asking me to shut the alarm clock off. I don't think he was coherent enough to think through what his request would entail.

Back to moods. The thing that improves Zoë's mood no matter what is a swing on the porch. In fact, the other day our friends drove by our house and saw Josh on the porch with Zoë, then driving home saw me on the porch with Zoë and concluded she must live on the porch--which isn't too far off.

6 comments:

Joshua Ligairi said...

You were asleep, Rachel, and so didn't even experience half of the rooster story. First of all, I woke up in a panicked nightmare-ish state. It sounded like someone was screaming and my movie-freaked mind was...well, freaked out. Then, I guess realizing that it probably wasn't screaming, I asked if it was your alarm. You told me it was a rooster, but somehow I understood radio, so I stumbled around in the dark looking for the radios in each room, still half expecting to find a bloody, dying woman, held hostage by a madman. I kept thinking to myself, "what kind of song would have this kind of tortured screaming, and why is Rachel playing it at five in the morning?" Finally, after groggily examining the stereo in the living room and the baby's room I heard clearly the "alarm clock" next door for the first time. As I tried to fall back asleep I wondered how I had never been woken the rooster before today. It was a weird morning.

Katrina said...

Josh's version of the story is much funnier. ;-)

Zoe is getting so big! Man, they change fast, don't they?

ohana=)mama said...

Thanks Josh for the clarification! I loved it. Do you have a wind up swing in the house? If not you should probably get one!

Ben and Lori said...

You guys are funny. Rachel, I have to say, great job on your hydrangeas, I saw them in the backround of your pictures. I tried growing those in Provo and I never even got a blossom. I love them they are so beautiful.

kelsey said...

Wow she is growing isn't she?! Very cute!

Angie said...

These pictures are so cute! I can't believe how much she's growing.