I am a big fourth-month-old now!Here are some things you should know about me:
I still enjoy sticking my tongue out (of course).
I love pulling Mama's hair! There is something about those unkempt tresses that feels so good in my fat little hand.
I tried out a new sling position--and promptly fell asleep.
I love my Alex friend, though I'm pretending to ignore her in this picture. She makes my happy when I'm crying.
. . . and blue eyes (though Mommy and Daddy think they're going to turn brown).
My hand: thinking about it, it rises, and it--wait, the other one--made it! Four months old today and engaging in my new favorite activity. (Aren't hand delicious, even if they can be confusing?)Mommy has a few things to add.
Zoë is huge all of the sudden! She seems like a different baby now. Her hair is getting increasingly fuzzy on top—and still has that mysterious red tint. This month she started getting very interested in the world around her, whether it’s outside, decorations in her room, books, toys, or us. She laughed a lot for the first time (and repeatedly) when I dropped a stuffed animal on her from above. We haven't been able to replicate that laugh yet though.
Zoë’s tricks: Holding up her head up, though it’s still pretty wobbly; your neck would get tired too if it had to support this big head! Sucking on both hands simultaneously and extremely loudly. Lifting her head—and often her entire body while balancing on her stomach—during tummy time. Less cooing and more squealing. Grabbing things and keeping toys next to her with her feet.
Zoë likes: Looking around and smiling up at Mommy while she’s eating. Having her leg and wrist rolls “buttered and eaten.” Drooling (a result of all the hand sucking). Having books read to her. Going to bed early. Being swaddled and shush’d. Saying “ang” and snorting when mad. Mommy’s songs and rhymes. Swinging and “punching” toys in her baby gym. Her butterfly toy and pink pig. Getting raspberries on her tummy and neck (she's starting to smile at that).
Zoë doesn't like: Getting startled (it happens really randomly now, sometimes just by getting too close to her face too fast), being tired, the faces of anyone besides Mommy and Daddy—don’t take it personally!
7 comments:
So glad to see Zoe even if through the blog. Have missed her this week since teaching. Such beautiful pictures of her and yes her hair does have that mysterious red tint.
she's just getting cuter and cuter!
Oh, I just love the picture of the two of you outside together, you look beautiful.
Ohhhh you just talking about Zoe takes me back to when my kids were babies... I miss them. The first picture of Zoe looks so much like you! I so love the pics and the captions written by "Zoe" they me laugh.
You have such a talent for writing and I love reading about your lives... thanks for keeping me up to date! I love seeing Zoe grow up she is such a cutie and so much fun.
Thank you and goodnight!
Oh..she is soooooo cute! I can't believe how much she has grown! The hair pulling...I am so close to chopping all my hair off because it's getting pulled out one by one right now and it is pretty painful. I love that sling!
Soo cute! I'm pretty sure Caidy would not like those leopard print shoes. Haha.
I love this update.
Post a Comment