Josh asked me what was wrong and I told him that I was sad that we had to leave Zoë somewhere and that I was going to miss her. He started nodding and then looked a little puzzled and said "you mean, while we're at the hospital and you're having the baby?" I know, I'm going to be a little distracted. Sweet Josh then offered to let her sleep on his hospital-room cot with him.
I've never been away from her overnight before. And it sort of killed me to be considering what movies, books, and stuffed animals would comfort her the most if she was missing Mommy and Daddy. Her Brown Bear and Red Barn books are now nestled safely next to Pippi Longstocking and Berenstain Bear movies, stuffed horse and mouse, and "pretty purse" filled with "chapped lips" in her little "packpack." Thanks to the wonderful grandparents that are my parents, she probably won't even notice we're gone, but I wish I could pack some cuddles and kisses in case she does.
(And this is making me reconsider the thought I've been debating about leaving her home when we go to Finland for a wedding this summer . . . maybe I'll come back to that when hormones have calmed.)
3 comments:
Oh I agree completely, honestly I probably would take Kory up on that offer if he suggested, (and he probably would too.) We have had a lot of babysitters this week, and it has been really hard for me. I don't really get much rest while he's gone because I am worried about him. I have the same feelings you have only I am not nearly as close as you are.
You're the sweetest Rachel. Such a good mama you are. :) Zoe is so lucky to have you, and you to have her. A match made in Heaven I am certain.
The hardest thing for me about having number 2 was loosing all the time with number 1, watching him (her in your case) grow up over night and learning that there really is enough love to go around for more than one, but that also there is some give and take that goes along with it and though it's beautiful and worth it, it was VERY emotional for me. I'm guessing you'll be the same if your crying over this because that's so like me. We watched Toy Story 3 tonight and I was bawling realizing that my little boys would not always want all their toys either..or something. And i'm not pregnant anymore-though newborn sleep deprivation MAY have had something to do with it! :)
Post a Comment