I just have to say that I do know (though my last post perhaps didn't indicate such) that dilation can mean next to nothing about the timing of a baby's birth. I also happen to be one of the few pregnant women on the planet that doesn't want to go early. My To Do list is too long and I like sleeping too much. Plus, Josh's mom, aunt, and grandma are all going to be out of town until Halloween and I'd hate for them to miss the few first days of this newborn. And I firmly believe that babies should be born when they're ready to be!
Mostly, I'm just happy that I'm at this stage without any pain! Last time, I labored at home for a few hours and another hour in the hospital before I got checked for the first time--at which point I distinctly remember my midwife saying "well, you're done with passive labor" and when I asked what that meant exactly, she said "whatever gets you to a 4--for some people it's painful and for others it isn't." Having definitely been in the former camp last time, it's nice to be in the latter this time.
4 comments:
I bet you'll go fast this time. Most second babies do. I was never checked until my midwife stripped my membranes at 38/39 weeks, but I was 4 and 80% effaced then. Once we got the ball rolling, baby was born 3 hours later!
yeah...who knows, but I was also dilated to a 4 1/2 the morning I had to be induced and it was fast! And that was my first. Obviously everyone is different and your body will do what its meant to do, so while it might not mean the baby will come sooner, I bet it means that once you do go into labor it will happen faster.
good luck Rachel! Awesome you're to a 4 without much work!! I'll be waiting to hear!
Well I hope baby stays in there for just a little longer. I want to see "pregnant you" at least once before I see "mom of two, you". But that's just me being selfish because I miss having a pregnant belly.
Post a Comment