I can already tell that one of the hardest things about having two is going to be not having the time to record all the thoughts, feelings, and impressions I want to. I wish I could bottle this newborn period up--smell that newborn head forever, watch that little mouth pounce right before it latches on, feel that skin that melts away from my fingertips.
But one thing I really hope to never forget is the sweetness between my two children from the very start--before the start, actually. Zoë loved talking to her brother and giving him kisses in Mommy's tummy (wish I got more pictures of her and my pregnant belly . . . this pregnancy went too fast.)

And the sweetness continued after he was born. From her gentle first touch--"he is very soft!" and excited "Hip hip hooray! Baby Nico got born!" . . .

. . . to her immediately wanting to hold him. She was so happy to take on the role of "big sister Zoë."

And it's been that way ever since. She hasn't been jealous (possessive, if anything). When he cries or wakes in the night, she rolls over and says "It's okay, darlin'" (or "little love" or "my little boy"). "Don't worry. We are here."

She will periodically exclaim with pure joy "we have a new baby brother!" and revels in her baby-caring jobs--like rubbing his head softly while he drinks Mommy Milk and wrapping his fingers around hers.
There's really nothing else that compares to the tenderness of my feelings toward these two (and their daddy) right now.


4 comments:
That is so adorable. I think that is a fear of most parents when number two comes along. It is very hard to imagine having enough love for both, but somehow you do?
You're gonna make me cry. Im still dealing with pregnant hormones over here...go easy on me!!
How sweet! He's adorable!
So so sweet. It is harder to savor each newborn moment with two little ones. But so worth the effort :)
Post a Comment