Thursday, March 25, 2010

Celebrity

One of the things that's so fun about having a toddler is that they actually run into the "celebrities" of their lives on a nearly daily basis. For instance, every time Zoë sees a school bus she says "YAY!" and claps her head off. A similar reaction for horses, real people wearing cowboy hats, choo-choo trains, and the like. It makes life more exciting.

4 comments:

Blue Cheese said...

It would be nice to be excited/pleased in that way again.

Joshua Ligairi said...

I agree with both Rachel and Kristin. On one hand, her excitement is one of those beautiful things about children that just brightens my life. On the other hand, it me reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up when Paul Rudd is watching his kids play with bubbles and says to Seth Rogen "I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles. It's sad. Their happy little faces just point out my inability to enjoy anything."

Susie said...

It makes me happy when she squeals over anything she likes. So right there I feel like she must feel.

Lori Lou said...

I find myself pointing out helicopters or airplanes even when Brandon and Bridger aren't around. They love seeing those things. It is fun to have a reminder of how exciting everything was when you were little.