
There are "rules" that go along with this, but I'm going to let folks do what they will with it. However, I thought it was a good opportunity to highlight some of my favorite blogs to read (it was hard to pick just 5 and I love keeping in touch with you through your blog even if you're not on this list):
The Chronicles of Abigail: Rachael, my good friend from grad school, writes this and she's very prolific--in all areas of her life. I love the way she captures the joys and woes of being a teacher, mother, and a million other things besides. She is always inspiring me to use my time better while also making sure I take time out to enjoy things.
The Panda Has Landed: Mary, a former coworker of mine, writes this blog. I love it because she's so good at capturing her speaking voice. She's down-to-earth, funny, irreverent at times, and just "real." It makes me miss Mary being in the office.
Crolace: I have lots of cousins with lots of great blogs, but this one is one of my very favorites in that category. This cousin (whose name I won't reveal here, since I don't believe she does on her blog) is hilarious. I can't begin to describe how, but if you read her blog, you will undoubtedly come away with a new perspective on something you used to think was pretty straightforward. And you'll be laughing. (I also love Provo Portia in this category.)
Musings of a Redhead: Written by Katrina, a "blog friend," this blog is a great mix: stunning photography, well researched opinions, poignant personal thoughts, etc. I especially like the good-natured and well balanced way that Katrina approaches everything.
My Sparkle: Written by another "blog friend," Danielle (who I've posted about before), this blog infuses beauty into my everyday life. Danielle is so creative, and I love her simple, elegant, graceful style. She makes beautiful productions out of things I hate doing--like wrapping presents--which opens up a world of possibilities in my mind (though rarely in my actual life). Someday I'll get to all the things Danielle has inspired me to do. I also love how honest her blog feels.
There is just a sampling. Feel free nominees to pass this blog love along--or not--but know that I love reading you!
5 comments:
Gosh...thanks for the love! I was feeling super grumpy today, and this just lifts my spirits.
Also I like this concept because its fun to see what other people like reading online. Thanks.
ooh! thank you! and it's fun to see what else you're reading. did you know katrina and i have been friends since we were 9 years old? i love the bloggie world.
Thanks so much! I feel totally special and affirmed. I like how you approached this. It's fun to see who else you are reading.
thanks so much Rachel for all of these recommendations. I am loving reading them. I really want to get started on my own blog again but need some technological help. Yeah....
Dang. I thought this said Big Love at first when I saw it in the archive. I was hoping that you had heard something about a Season 3 in the works.
Post a Comment