Luckily, a certain handyman came to the rescue.After tearing up wet, moldy gunk; pulling up countless nails; and scrubbing his guts out, the floor looked like this (a huge improvement, you'll agree)
Then came the tub, which we never knew was so disgusting. Twelve layers of paint on one side, pockmarks, and lots of rust.
Then the handyman cleaned the floor some more.
When the tub came back, our friend Bill (Sharon's husband--those two do a lot for us) painted it shiny new to match our walls.
Then, we found that a previous owner had cut a joist running under the bathroom in half, meaning the toilet had no support and pipes would wiggle around, causing the leak in the first place. That was repaired and the rotting wood in that section of the floor cut out and replaced.
Then came the subfloor . . .
And finally, the really important piece of bathroom furniture for a pregnant woman (who had been running to Kristin's house during the day and a nearby gas station multiple times a night while at the house cleaning).
And we're back in business!
The washer/dryer that started it all (but we're sure glad now!).
And now, as would appear in movie credits, a special thanks to:
JOSH: for obvious reasons
Bill: fan procuring, tub painting
Mike: floor inspecting, house guarding
Susan and Jeff: temporary lodging providers
Kristin: bathroom lending
Friends: moral support
THE END
8 comments:
Your bathroom looks beautiful...all ready for baby!
Props to Josh!!! I would be proud = ). Tell him I'm impressed!
I'm glad I got to see it in person! It looks great. Josh is amazing. Crazy amount of work. It was so fun to see this weekend.
It looks great! That mold was scary! I'm really glad you got it all cleaned up. Your hubs is awesome.
so cute! and man, glad you guys found the mold before the baby came!
Wow, that looks awesome! Guess it was probably worth the wait, but a pregnant woman without a bathroom is kind of dangerous!
ahhhh, much better
I bet you are sooooo glad this project is over! Your finished bathroom looks AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment