Is it strange that my perpetual response to the inevitable "I bet you're ready to get that baby out of there!" comment is "no, actually, I'm not"?
I'm 37 weeks pregnant today and technically full-term (though 38 weeks is better developmentally), but I'm just fine with this little one staying put until 40 weeks--or even after. In fact, I just pushed back the induction date they had automatically scheduled me for at 41 weeks to 42 weeks (the longest they'd feel medically comfortable letting me go).
A big part of that is because I so don't want to be induced, which can lead to all other sorts of unnecessary medical interventions. But it's also because I still feel like I have so much to do! My grades are just barely done, but I've got ends to tie up at work, nursery items to be painted and purchased, curtains to sew, thank-you cards to write (sorry if I owe you one still!), hospital bag to pack, garden to dig up, etc. etc.
I realize this is partly me being OCD and partly my nesting instinct--which is roaring--but either way I'm feeling slightly panicked that I'm due in three weeks. And on top of all that I'm supposed to be practicing relaxation!
8 comments:
I hope she stays in there for you:)
Same. Watch, you'll be the girl most are jealous of and you'll go early. Actually, I bet you'll get what you want and she'll go over. I'm excited for you.
I think you are the first person I've heard you wants their baby to come late. :-) I'm not even to the third trimester yet and it feels like August is forever away. But the earliest my guy is allowed to come is one week because his dad will be teaching until then. I'm kind of dreading the thought of going 1 or 2 weeks over. But I also do NOT want to get induced.
I know, Katrina! It's not that I'm not excited to meet her . . . I just want to be prepared and excited. But I'll be happy whenever she comes and I'm sure all of these things that feel so important to get done now will just fade away and get done eventually.
I think it's great that you're enjoying the time before the baby comes...I remember being so anxious to have the baby and everyone saying, "It's a loooot easier when they're still in there!" So true. But still, it'll be great to meet her when she puts in her appearance!
I know how you feel. I wanted so badly to move my things into our apt myself but I ended up going into labor day two of my efforts and all my things where piled into a big sheet and then moved to my new home. A year later I was still finding things that had been placed in odd spots around my home and found chicken nuggets which had been stored for a year.
That story didn't help now did it?
Sorry!!!
Good luck... Oh and call me if you need anything. I would love to help with some of your projects!
I am gonna say that I hope you go to 40 weeks. 41 weeks is just torture, but I am proof that it doesn't require an induction. I wouldn't even want to think about pushing out a 2 week overdue baby.
Good point--I wasn't really factoring in that whole baby size thing.
Post a Comment