So, do any of the rest of you get comments that have some random name telling you to click on a link? Like this:
Marta: go here.
If you see such a comment on my blog, don't click on it! It's a virus. I erase them as soon as I can, but they pop up like weeds. Any idea how to get rid of them?
6 comments:
This may help: change your settings so that it's not listed on their listings and also don't let search engines find your blog. That's how mine is and I haven't gotten these before.
You could change it so only people w/ id's can post, but it looks like in your example the virus thing might have a google id. Or you could change your comment settings so before a comment posts, you have to okay it. Then you could just delete them before anyone else clicks on it. But that doesn't really solve the problem of how you're getting them, sorry. I hope you figure it out!
Yeah those suck! I was dumb enough to open one once. Thankfully I was on my Mac and didn't get a virus.
I don't know how to get rid of them but I have never had one and I think it may be because my blog is private. I have seen a lot of that going around on everybody's blogs
I think you can also set it up so that if someone wants to comment, they have to type a squiggly work in some box. That way you don't have to go through the trouble of OK-ing everyone's comments.
I'm glad you asked the question. I've been getting the same thing and wondered how to get rid of it too, so I'll try what people said.
Post a Comment