Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still here

I didn't want anyone to think I'd gone into labor just because I haven't posted in a while.

This last weekend Josh tilled our garden up. I was sort of making fun of how sore he got from working our relatively small patch of dirt, but then I found out that the tiller we had rented was missing the part that digs down and stabilizes it, making tilling a whole lot easier. Sorry, Josh. I don't know if I'll be doing the planting or if Josh will, but either way it will be fun to have a garden again! I also weeded the flower beds, so I'm now ready for spring. I can't wait to rock with the babe on our porch swing and smell the flowers. Our lawn is finally starting to show signs of green too.

Other than that, we're just ticking off the things to do before the baby comes. I think all of the essentials are now covered: hospital bag packed (that wasn't as big of a deal as some people make it sound), car seat installed, hospital pre-registration completed, etc. In the next couple/few weeks we're going to focus on having a lot of fun and enjoying our last moments of couple time--especially considering that our 5-year anniversary in mid-June is probably going to be baby-centered.

Nursery pictures coming soon . . .

3 comments:

Leah said...

Ooh, can't wait for the nursery pictures!!

Wonder Woman said...

Definately enjoy your last remaining weeks of couplehood. Be spontaneous! That was the hardest thing for me to give up. Being able to just pick up and go out to eat, or to the movies, whatever. Man I miss that. Babysitters cramp my style. Just kidding. I'd die without them.

kelsey said...

I keep checking in to see if there is any news. Wow, it's really close now! Live it up while you can! You are probably smarter than us with the garden. We planted already. It has snowed twice since and killed our tomatoes and peppers.