When Zoë complained that her stomach hurt last night, I didn't think that all of her dinner would end up on the bathroom floor 10 minutes later. And then I hoped that she just hadn't chewed her food well enough and we were done. But when she threw up a half hour later in bed (mostly into a bowl, which she then wanted to inspect afterwards), I knew she had a bug.
And we have a two-week-old. A two-week-old whose doctor had just finished telling us that exposure to even a minor cold could result in a fever in him, which would mean automatic hospitalization and a spinal tap.
So, I did what I do when we have medical (or other) crises: I holed up at my parents' house. I slept here last night with Nico, leaving Josh with Zoë for what turned out to be a night of throwing up.
My poor, poor baby. All I want to do is snuggle her. On the phone today it was so hard to listen to "I miss you so much Mamma Bear. I love you" and not be able to be there.
But it's good to know that she's in the wonderfully capable and loving hands of an amazing Papa Bear.
5 comments:
that is the saddest thing! Poor little Zoe, but also poor you too. Hope she is feeling better and why would nico end up in the hospital if he got it?
so sad for all of you! please let us know if you need anything.
Crappa told me about this at school. So sad!
Spinal tap?! Isn't that a little extreme? Why are they so concerned about him getting sick?
As far as I know, Zoe is all better and nobody else caught it.
I feel kind of awful saying that it was actually nice to spend some quality time with my girl (even under the circumstances) because she'd never choose to cuddle with me on a normal day. I had no idea what I was missing out on.
Kory, apparently that it standard procedure under 30 days. They have little to no immune system.
Post a Comment