Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween costumes

This year, Zoë was Pippi Longstocking and Nico was a pirate, of course! His costume was supplied by some pirate friends of ours (the hook is from a Mr. Potato Head), and I made Zoë's costume. I've sewn a few things before but never anything from a pattern. I picked the most simple pattern I could find and still needed tons of help from Josh's mom and grandma to decipher it!

Zoë really became Pippi in this costume. No one was allowed to call her by any other name. And her horse Lucky became Alphonso (while Mr. Nielson, the monkey, was attached to her neck).

5 comments:

Susie said...

Zoe is what I imagine Pippi L. to look like now! I never saw Nico's hat so thanks! I can help decipher patterns as well! (I know, if you could ever get a hold of me.)

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

SO cute!

kelsey said...

Cute costumes! Patterns are hard to understand! I imagine they get easier the more you use them. I love the Pippi costume and her hair is adorable!

Angie said...

The Pippi costume is the cutest! She looks so darn cute!

Anna said...

That is such a cute costume, nice work Rachel! Pippi is such a great character, it's wonderful that you introduced your daughter to her. And Zoe makes a fetching Pippi :)