Much worse than the baby blues . . . there is nothing that depresses me in quite the same way as UT County election results the day after. Thanks to all those straight-ticket Republican voters who don't even consider individual candidates, the legislature will continue to be run by people who could really benefit from some checks on their behavior, policies, and attitudes.
But I'm grateful that people like my aunt (Deon Turley) are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to run (twice!) in such difficult races. Maybe with enough persistance UT County voters will someday act in a way that would benefit them, no matter what their political leanings.
3 comments:
This is one of the reasons why I was excited to leave Utah when we finished at BYU--I felt like my vote there didn't matter at all. Especially since I'd grown up in a blue state.
Bummer
She was your aunt? I was wondering about that too ha ha, everytime I got a flyer I was like I wonder? I should have asked D huh?
I agree it's hard to not feel, defeated before even going out to vote around here.
I also am super bummed we will be paying 7 more dollars each month to that stupid Rec center. We already have one that I never use. Why do we need another one?
Post a Comment