Last night I dreampt I woke up in a hospital with a beautiful baby boy--mine--nearby. I loved him with all the new mother love possible but I also felt robbed. I had no memory of going into labor or delivering him. And I mourned that loss. And now I'm feeling less anxious about the laboring that may take place as soon as next month (!) and more grateful for the intense, spiritual experience it is and the dramatic passage it serves to transition women to mothers and mothers of child to those of children.
3 comments:
strange-who would have thought you would mourn labor. That is how women used to have babies. Knocked out with gas and voila! You are right I guess. There is something bonding and very dramatic about the process if one is awake for it. If nothing more than you are sooooo very relieved when the pain quits that everything is WONDERFUl after-especially the baby.
Oh MY GOSH! I had the EXACT same dream a few weeks ago...and woke up feeling the same way. Robbed and confused that I didn't know how or when my baby had arrived... and excited that I hadn't gone through labor yet and didn't miss it. (And in my dream the baby had a name!) I wonder if this a common pregnancy dream?
Rachel - you won the Plush Studio (pillow) giveaway at Bloom...congratulations!!
Get in touch with us so we can arrange to get you your goodies!
aplacetobloom at gmail dot com
Post a Comment