First, I'm already 29? I remember when I was on the verge of turning 20 (and, yes, time goes so fast now that I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming a year older on the actual day of my birthday). My little brother was turning 10, and I thought to myself myself "This is fun now, but it's not going to be as fun when I'm about to turn 30 and he's about to turn turn 20." And I was right. Kind of. Except for I'm not dying to be 19 again (although I think one of the very first functions Josh and I ever attended together was my 19th birthday celebration up the canyon; that was fun). I really love my life at 29. So, welcome 29!
Second, I've already done so much celebrating considering that I'm only a few hours into my birthday day. Thanks to the generosity of our family friends Dave and Cindy (visiting from Minnesota), we stayed in the Waldorf Astoria in Park City this weekend. (If you haven't stayed in a luxury resort in Park City during the summer months, you are missing one of the best deals in UT--we're talking rooms at 1/5 the cost of the winter months. And it's beautiful there during the summer!)



When Zoƫ woke up, she declared: "We no go home. We stay this home." My feelings exactly.My parents treated us to a plentiful spread of Bombay House Indian food (I've never found better, even though I try new Indian restaurants everywhere I travel), and last night we had death by chocolate cake.
My biggest birthday treat thus far? Not going back to school today!
6 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday my lovely daughter!!!
Happy birthday! I had no idea we were so close in age. 29 is the coolest thing until 30!
Kory--I'm not going to ask if you thought I was younger or older than you :)
Happy Birthday!
Park City in the summer is so nice! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment