Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I have been posting

So, I haven't been good about posting on this blog lately (though hopefully a photo update is coming soon). Meanwhile, I have been good about posting things like this on Zoë's blog:

1. Zoë's smarty-pants factor continues to amaze me. Yesterday, we were driving to Oma Jane's house as the sun was setting and Zoë was complaining that it was "too bright." A couple of times I told her that when we turned a corner it wouldn't be bright anymore (but that was all I said). Then, after a turn back into the sun, she asked "Why it gets bright every time we turn left?" She clearly already has a better sense of direction than I do (okay, not hard and I do actually know left from right).

When we got to Oma's, Zoë got out of the car and said "We walk to party by Oma's house and I wear this dress. Member that?" ("Member that" is a favorite phrase). She was remembering this party (and what she wore to it!) from at least three months ago.

2. Josh locked himself out of the house yesterday and had to crawl through a window. When he was done, Zoë responded with "I so proud of you, Dad"--which reminded me of the other night day when we were trying to get her down for a nap and Josh started snoring. She sat up and said "Daddy make that noise?" I said "yes," and she woke him up clapping, saying "good job, Daddy!" Not my usual response to Josh's snoring, but . . .

3. Zoë woke up in the middle of the night repeating "there's too many buddies 'round here!" and laughing. The night before she woke up crying about Daddy taking "mac and cheese" away from Mommy in bed. Really wish I could see into those dreams.

4. Today, Zoë was making cameras out of leaves, with sticks being used for batteries. She and Josh took pictures of each other with these "cameras" for a while, then she brought some "batteries" inside and commenced to throw them to Josh. The throwing didn't go so well--with some landing on top of her head, others at her feet, etc. But she knew where to place the blame. She said "Daddy, you not catching very good."

5. Josh had some sort of religious DVD on in the background this morning that was talking about Lehi's journey. Zoë heard that and piped right up with "Lehi?! I drive there with Mommy!" (She's always curious about where we are, so I keep her informed of the cities people live in and we happened to visit a friend in Lehi last week.)

6 comments:

Susie said...

wow-thanks for all of the awesom Zoeisms!!!!!!!! She is a smarty pants!!!!!

Diana and Jon said...

She is seriously the most amazing, cute, and smart little girl I have ever met. It really cheered me up to talk to her last night!

Kiera said...

She's a brainiac just like her mama!! Love it!!! Especially the part about the cameras...:)

Kory said...

Would you really expect anything less from you two? How was Lehi's Journey? Is that the new one out?

Nicole Carrier said...

So adorable! Hey Rachel, will you invite me to your Zoe blog? I can't get enough of her. :) My email address is picknic@gmail.com Thanks!
Nicole (Carrier)

Lori Lou said...

that is so cute! Hey, I think I need to get on your Zoe blog list.