Friday, November 6, 2009

One and a half!

Hi! I'm eighteen months old. Do you know what that means? One and a half!

I like to sit with Mama and Oma in the grass. We're just relaxing.

I'm a queen bee! This is at my favorite park. I just wish Dada could fit in here with me.

Does this seem like my birthday? It's not. I'm tricky.


We went up the canyon to enjoy the fall.

Ahhh! Open up, Dada. Why don't you want my chicken?

I like to run!

Until I'm too tired to walk.

Bubbles!

I felt I had a lot in common with this boy.

Do you think me and Mandma are in jail or at the park?

Do you like my curly dread locks?

They are long enough to make ponytails that I will wear for 2 minutes. Mommy thinks my neck is the cutest part.
I'm pretty pretty.

And I like to accessorize.

Whee!!

It turns out that I really like blow blowing.

Up!
A year and a half old today!

* * *

Zoë is such a total crack-up these days. It's so fun to find out what she's been thinking all of these months. And she's so sweet.


Zoë's tricks: jabbering, mimicking us, going down slides alone, walking around in my shoes, scratching our backs (for very short intervals, while she says "ahhh"), running, giving kisses, "helping" with the dishes and cooking (and tasting!)


Zoë likes: Clothes: she's very picky about what she wears lately; I bought her some cute flats that she just adores. She puts them on and looks at her feet. She also found some clogs that were in a drawer of clothes that were too big for her and insists on wearing her "boots" everywhere even though she can barely walk in them. Totally obssessed with horses (and to a lesser extent other animals), including her "nay nay" sweatshirt, which she insisted on wearing to church. She also loves purses and putting things in them--usually a plastic horse or two, chapstick, cell phone, toothbruth. She still really loves toothbrushes. And other kids. And grandparents of course. Playing Ba-ba's drums.


Zoë doesn't like: naps (sometimes), if i leave the cap off of the milk for one second, dirty hands, being inside for too long, dropping Mama off at work.

10 comments:

Rachael said...

what a little darling! and where did you get the red dress in those last pics? it's adorable.

Katrina said...

She has the most beautiful coloring! Do you people wonder it comes from when they see her with you two? :-)

We need to get together again, with Danielle and Avery of course. It's been too long!

Katrina said...

sorry.... make that "do other people wonder...."

Rachel Mae said...

Rachael--dress was on sale at Baby Gap. I love this line they have (and now can't remember the name)--something to do with Scandinavia though.

Katrina--we are asked that constantly. Danielle and I are in the midst of planning something to do for when she's back from her sister's wedding, so we'll be in touch!

Kory said...

That top picture is radical.

Anna said...

Rachel, she is such a beautiful little girl! I have loved watching her grow up through your blog- that is if 18 months is "grown up!" It feel that way when they start talking, doesn't it? I love this age. So fun.

Ben and Lori said...

I know where she got her shoe fedish from :) She is so cute. I love your posts about her. That is so funny that she doesn't like the lid off of the milk.

Amy said...

I ran into her and josh today at the store, and she is getting so big! and her hair is adorable!

Susie said...

The colors in your pictures are so strong and pure. And of course Zoe makes a darling subject.

Unknown said...

Rachael Zoe is sooo beautiful. This is the first I've seen on her since we got the card about her birth. Please hug her for me and I hope to meet her one day soon. Have a great day. Jackie Bean