If you know me, you know that I'm no sports fan. I rarely even know what sports season it is and I'm always caught off guard by BYU game traffic. But if one sport does capture my attention more than others, it's soccer. Add that to the fact that Josh knows Real Salt Lake's goalie (as evidenced by his t-shirt), and I was up for watching the MLS national match between LA Galaxy (of David Beckham fame) and RSL--the underdogs. And it did not disappoint.
Though LA made the first goal, Real tied the game with one of their own fairly soon. It was 1-1 for the rest of the game, including all 30 minutes of overtime and went to a shoot-out. The RSL goalie, Nick, who had saved three shootout goals in the game before tonight's, saved an another amazing two and . . .
REAL SALT LAKE won!!
And Nick got MVP. It was all very exciting. I might just follow RSL a little more closely next season (which, again, is saying a whole lot for me).
And though David Beckham might be pretty, his playing did not warrant all of the camera time he got, including when they cut to his blank stare during RSL's victory shot with the trophy. Though I have to say that it would be hard to be as famous as him--if you play a solid game, you disappoint; if you're amazing, you just played as expected.
Me talking about sports. This is weird, right? Did I get all the terminology wrong? I don't care.
[Zoë may or may not have stayed up way past her bedtime and consumed way too much sugar during the riveting final moments of the game.]
4 comments:
If you ever knock Davey again in a blog post, I will boycott your blog.
I am not a big soccer fan but I watched part of the game last night and it was GREAT!!!.
I'm proud of how you've grown, Rach. And Leah, do you really wanna go there?? :)
I was so excited about this! Glad you caught the game. :)
Post a Comment