Zoë has her first earache. It freaked me out to hear that diagnosis. You know how there are families where kids get earaches and families where they don't? Well, my family squarely falls in the latter camp. Neither me nor any of my siblings have ever had one. So while our pediatrician assured me that it wasn't very severe and would be cleared up with a simple round of antibiotics, I'm still a bit worried.
7 comments:
I have some basil oil that you can rub on the outside of the ear. It will take away all the pain. She might smell like a batch of spaghetti, but it helps a ton!!!
I had a ton of ear infections when I was a kid and I still have bionic hearing and am a-okay. So, no wories!
Not true my dear. You had one once when you were a toddler. I didn't know you had it either. Dr. Clayton figured it out.
But you are right, you kids had pretty good ears and weren't prone to them.
Oh no! I hope that she feels better soon. I am told that I had them so bad I had to get tubes in my ears. We are still waiting for our first with my girls...better knock on wood.
oh boy, good luck. Abigail had her first when she was about sixteen months old and hasn't had one since. Juliet, poor kid, had one every three weeks her first year of life. Her specialist told me that it really has a lot to do with the shape of the skull--round-headed little kids are less prone to problems; children with narrower skulls may not have quite enough room for the eustachian tubes to level as quickly.
i was SO relieved to see Isaac's big round head.
garlic oil works great. I never had them either until I was pregnant. you can pick some up at good earth
Oh shoot...we are are in he former group unfortunately. Hope she feels better.
Post a Comment