One of my favorite growing-up memories is of a bustling Saturday early evening kitchen--parents cooking (the inevitable and wonderful smell of garlic in the air), house clean, cool temperatures outside, lights glowing, and the soothing voice of Garison Keillor billowing from the radio in the corner. I grew up listening to A Prairie Home Companion, and I could recognize that soft, slow gate of Garison's voice anywhere.
Even, it turns out, without hearing it. It was a delight to run across this today while researching world reaction to Obama's Nobel Peace Prize win. How lovely to have an opinion I wholeheartedly endorse delivered in a cozy-fall-Saturday-evening sort of way--complete with Norwegians!
3 comments:
I love his voice. I don't think I heard it until I saw the movie, but it is such a soothing classic sounding voice I love it when it is on the radio.
I am a Garrison Keillor fan, and I too love his kind and gentle politics. Thanks for sharing!
Oh I grew up listening to him too. In fact it was almost always on long car trips...usually to Utah.
Post a Comment