Yesterday, Josh had the deviated septum he was born with corrected. That's right, he's no longer a deviant. And hopefully it will no longer be difficult for him to breathe through his nose. It should also clear up sinus infections and lessen or eliminate snoring.
But first, he has to get through a few days of feeling like he was punched in the face. His teeth, jaw, head, ears, and--of course--nose are all very sore. Thank goodness for Loritabs.
The worst part for me was waking Zoë up a whole three hours earlier in the morning than she normally rises and then watching in disbelief as she woke up from a short succession of 10-minute naps for the rest of the day. I was feeling very grateful, however, that she wasn't getting operated on. There were a couple babies that were at the out-patient clinic we took Josh to. I think they were there for ear infections.
I took yesterday off but am back to work today. This is made easier mainly by willing grandmas but also by the fact that Zoë is now crawling (has been since V-day, actually). She entertains herself that way, though she also gets into a lot trouble. Her six teeth enable her to take bites out of entire magazines. I finally moved those out of reach today. Let the baby proofing begin!

From top to bottom:
1) Josh's "mustache dress"--he's oh-so-Inspector Poirot and proud of it. (He was hoping for black eyes to accompany the whole thing though.)
2) The ice pack which is a close second to the pain on his list of complaints (not that he complains; he's a very easy patient to take care of). We put gauze underneath it over his eyes to protect them from the cold. He's decided he'd rather be deaf than blind. He's been claustrophobic and bored.
3) The "beauty mask" we finally got him today. He sort of looks like a relaxed super hero and is much, much happier being able to see.
7 comments:
I have been waiting for this post! Awesome pictures.
ouch! he looks very tough. good idea with the beauty mask. i need to have this done but am too chicken/lazy. I hope it helps josh!
your life just got like 10 times harder with Zoe crawling! I still haven't got baby gates up yet though. actually the stairs seem to be least of my worries....its everything else she gets into (everything!)
ps. avery has those same pink piggy jammies and I can't believe how much they look alike! Same coloring.
oh and I bet the black eyes will come in a few days.
I could come over and slap Josh around if he really wants black eyes . . .
Glad that the surgery went well. Let me know if I can do anything to help post-op go smoothly.
Ouch.
Matt had that same surgery a year ago. It changed MY life! NO MORE snoring!! Matt's was really really bad, the doc had to chip away bone through all his sinuses. His allergies, infections, and colds have been SO much better.
My brother had surgery for the same thing. I guess we have a history of being deviant in our family as well. I do have to warn you that his friend smacked him in the nose and ruined the entire surgery... so words of caution! DON'T LET ANYTHING TOUCH JOSH'S NOSE!
Post a Comment