Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zoë's party

This year, Zoë requested a ballerina birthday party.


So I made a ballerina cake (after Josh drew it for me)
and I made a tutu (time consuming but easy, it turns out)

Zoë was pretty excited.

And was happy to have Alex by her side throughout the evening. (We kept the party small this year since it's one of the last that we'll be able to get away with that!)
My favorite part of the party was when Zoë tried on her new ballerina shoes for the first time and immediately--with no prompting--stood on her toes. We'd never talked about that before and I don't know where she had seen it, but she definitely knew what ballerinas do!

Her big present this year was a wooden kitchen (which I happened to find new and over 50% off at Kid to Kid). She has happily cooked several wooden meals since.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Zoe, she is so cute!

Kip said...

What an AWESOME cake, Rachel! Kudos to Josh on the drawing as well.

Susie said...

Such great pictures of our pretty granddaughter! If that was a small party I'd hate to see a large. I just mean when the family is there it feels pretty big! You and Josh make her birthday celebrations magic!

Vanessa and Parker said...

Looks like one happy little girl. She has such lovely hair too!

kelsey said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!