Sunday, May 22, 2011

Messy

I've spent a lot of this weekend mulling, discussing, and contemplating what it means to be a believer and what it means to have moral freedom within a highly structured organization. The older I get and the more I think about these things, the messier they all get. And I think that's a good thing. I'm starting to think I wouldn't want it any other way, actually.

And perhaps being on the path that approaches what I hope to be the truth is the closest I'm going to get to truth--in fact, it could be that all that's possible is an approaching or a departing.

(One unfortunate by-product of all this is that my messy thoughts don't easily translate into posts, so nothing coherent on these subject will necessarily be forthcoming.)

5 comments:

Susie said...

:) I love you! Thanks so much for being at our PHATS last night!

Katrina said...

Can we talk about this more? I'm in a similar place. We need to get together!

Susie said...

I actually really love and believe the part in your post about being on a path that is either approaching or departing belief. That is so well put.

Ashley Thalman said...

I am right here with you. 100%

Lori Lou said...

Kind of complicated.

I need to call you. (My middle name is Procrastinator.)