Waking up next to my plump cheeked cherub was heaven. Her eyes fluttered open, she smiled, and stretched her arms out around my neck. She said "love you, Mommy."
When I picked her up after work, she was talking up a storm. "Zoe go home Mommy. Books in bag. Here you go! Heavy. Mommy hold it. Shoes. Where are you? Here they are!" etc. Meanwhile, I'm watching her blond little curls bounce and her cute legs, exposed by the "ladybug short pants" she insisted on changing into when she got to Great-Grandma's.
Once home, she got to add a sticker to her chart (the subject for another post--just the categories on her sticker chart crack me up)--giving her enough for a candy! We celebrated with "Good jobs!" and lots of clapping and chortling. She was so excited and giggly with anticipation, it killed me.
Her long nap allowed me to soak in some sun while working on the back porch. After I came inside, a woman knocked on the door selling corn tamales for a dollar. And guess what? I had exactly one dollar in my purse.
It's all made better by the fact that I know sometime tonight when we're both snuggled in bed, "Josh daddy" is going to slide into bed and give us the hugs we've been waiting for.
3 comments:
That sounds like a nice day :)
Anyone who knows me knows I hate waking up. For anything. But if Axel's in our bed and awake it's my favorite thing ever. Especially on days I don't have to go to work.
I love your posts. and I love your writing :) Zoe is such a lucky little girl to have you be such an attentive mom.
Post a Comment