We were all ready to throw out the down pillows given to us for our wedding. After six+ years they were plenty dirty and completely flat. Then Zoë sealed the deal by excreting noxious substances from various orifices (does that sound better than saying the pillows got doused in throw-up and diarrhea?) in the same day.
But, on the way to the trash can, Josh suggested throwing them in the washer just for the heck of it. We called it an experiment. Sometimes disobeying the DRY CLEAN ONLY label is just the amount of risk taking it takes to spice up your life, you know?
The pillows didn't seem completely ruined after the washer finished with them, but I was pretty sure drying would do them in. Well, guess what? After three complete drying cycles, they not only smell and look clean and lovely but they are the fluffiest pillows I've ever felt!
It's a pillow miracle! Go wash your down pillows right now if you need a lift!
7 comments:
What a wonderful event-Thanks for the tip!
haha! Does that mean you're keeping them?
Lol. A pillow MIRACLE! Awesome.
And they said the age of miracles has passed . . .
Oh my gosh, I just did that to mine last week for the first time too. It was amazing!
I ignore most dry clean only tags usually sucessfully.
I mean if it's dry clean only what use is it anyway! It's worth a try.
Post a Comment