2. Life after 20 goes really fast. As I contemplate turning 30 this year, the only thing that really freaks me out about it is how fast 40 will come after that. And then 50, etc.
3. The things we do daily really do shape our beings. See number two. Daily is synonymous with eternally.
4. You can argue until you're blue in the face about what's wrong with the U.S. healthcare system, but everyone has to be outraged about the fact that a good 75% of the medical bills most of us receive reflect miscalculations on the part of our insurance companies. Today I was told by an especially candid insurance agent that the automated system processing their claims "often makes mistakes" and that "to be honest," I would almost certainly never be refunded if I made an overpayment. I was urged to always review my explanations of benefit to catch problems. In other words, I was urged to decipher two pages of illogical codes and descriptions, often indecipherable to the agents themselves, to guard against mechanical failures that benefit the company they work for. I've saved $250 in the last two months by continuing my practice of calling about every medical bill I receive, explanation of benefits be damned.
5. It's so very nice to realize (or have reconfirmed) that adult siblings and spouses can be our best friends and that if we were ever to live together, by force of circumstance or volition, our lives might be the best combination of cooperative work and party imaginable.
6. If I didn't work at my paying job, I would still be the same kind of mother I am on my "off" (on) hours with the kids. I need to be the mother I want to be now, regardless of the way the clock slices up and serves me my day. See number three.
7. I want to read Gilead again and really digest it. I also want to hear from God.
8. I'm really excited about the steal of a deal I found on a Chariot jogging stroller/bike trailer on KSL.
9. There is nothing cuter or sweeter than the emergence of Zoë's little grown-up self and Nico's little sense of humor. Seeing him chortle at her shenanigans feels like winning the lottery.
10. I like even numbers.
7 comments:
GIlead is one of my most favorite of books. Always worth a re-read. I feel very comfortable with God after reading it. Sometimes I wish the scriptures were as easy and beautiful to read as robinson's prose.
I like you list a lot.
Lots of Monk there. And yes, 40 comes quickly. There must be some sort of metaphysical Einsteinian formula to calculate time's contraction once one passes the 30 mark.
Great blog-thanks for the heads up about bills!
I love, LOVE this whole post.
2: My dad, who is now 81, said he loved his 50's and they were some of his best years. You have life fairly figured out and you're young enough to still enjoy it. Mind you I was born when he was 52.
4: Don't get me started.... That's me trying really hard not to get started.
I think it's funny that I can call my insurance company with the same question and get a different answer each time I call.
I used my double jogging stroller this morning for the first time. It was nice to take the kids with me. Learning to steer while jogging will take some time.
Post a Comment