These are some projects I've been meaning to blog about forever.
When we got our new couches, I knew we were going to need a table between them. I didn't know that I would find the most perfect table for $15 on KSL. The dimensions were exactly right for the corner and the tapered legs matched our couches. Amazing.
It was, however, in pretty bad shape and not the right color for the room.After sanding for basically an entire weekend, I got it down to this:
And now it's in my living room and I love it (though the staining job ended up being more of a paint job--oh well). The cool lamp is an oldie powder coated by friends Justin and Nichole. I love it too and want many more of their creations in my house. Josh stained one of our DVD shelves the same color. And lest you make the massive mistake of thinking that this is our entire DVD collection, know that these are only a portion of one genre: documentaries. There are more movies than square feet in my house, I'm sure.
I've also been slowly sewing new pillows for the couches. Picking out fabric has been sort of agonizing for me and I'm already wishing I'd made different choices in some cases, but this will be an evolving project, I suppose. The tailored pillow is made with this free Amy Butler pattern.



3 comments:
Oh, there are at least twice as many movies as square feet in the house. Haven't actually counted them in about three years, so I can't say for sure.
Next time go to home depot, go to the paint and paint thinner section, and they have this stuff called "citrus peel" Anyway, looks like a big bottle of orange slime.
you just paint it on let it sit until it bubbles and then you just have to lightly scrape all the old finish off. And it seriously works wonders.
We used it this last spring on my cabinets and what would have taken me FOREVER to sand off, only took me an hour or two to get to the bare wood.
You do still have to sand it to close the wood back up but seriously wonderful stuff, and worth the investment.
But love how the table turned out!
oh and the pillows! Have you checked out Gracey lou's quilt shop in Salem? They have tons and tons of cute fabrics
Post a Comment