Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Diana's shower

My mom and I threw a baby shower for Diana while she was here for Thanksgiving. I didn't take many pictures after the shower actually started, but I think the decorations turned out nice.

Fireplaces make everything so much more cozy.

I made this ball out of 550 coffee filters (to be exact). I found the link through my friend Bri's blog. I want to make one for the light in my living room, but it's going to have to be a lot less dense because barely any light makes it way through this one!

My mom had the great idea of making these German stars to give away as favors. I got pretty fast at them, though I could have used some longer paper. They're so pretty though--great for Christmas trees or hung across a doorway like they are here. There's a tutorial here.

My mom has this beautiful old quilt we covered the piano with for presents.

And these darling clothes were my mom's as a baby--perfect strung across the mantle.

I loved the contrast of pine cones and milk glass.

It was lots of fun and Diana's a very cute pregnant woman--too bad I didn't get a picture of her!

7 comments:

Susie said...

So glad you got these pictures at least! It was fun and pretty. Thanks for all of your work!

Jason & Shannon said...

The decorations are so cute! Great job!

Ben and Lori said...

Beautiful! I love your style! And thanks for the cool tutorials :)

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

Great job with the pics, ans the cool stars. It looks like a fun party!

Amy said...

It was a very lovely shower, just as a little girl should be. :)

Ben and Lori said...

I just tried making one of those stars, and I can't figure it out. I'll have to try again later. I just wanted say good job on making the stars, those things are a puzzle!

Bri {collected} said...

So I totally missed this, but I LOVE how the light turned out. It looks so great!!