Mommy says that being on the East Side of the Berlin wall is more fun now than when she was my age. Basically, Mommy is old!
Daddy calls us his Dresden Dolls. I don't really get it.
What I do get is that I don't like standing by a window that looks like a cliff--Dresden or not!
Um, who are you guys smiling at? I'm trying to look at the Meissen castle behind me.
Have you ever heard of a bull in a china closet? Me neither. It kept coming up for some reason though as I was touring the famous Meissen porcelain factory.
Mommy says I'll like this picture when I'm old enough to listen to her read me the Harry Potter books.
When I'm riding on trains in Germany, sometimes I get trapped in Mommy's legs, but sometimes I sit up very straight like a big girl in my own seat. It just depends.
I thought this pink phone might be raspberry flavored. It ended up tasting like plastic--just as good!
I really loved sitting next to Uncle Jesse on the train even though sometimes I couldn't tell where the seat ended and he began.
I made a friend in Hannover. She was so nice. I wish I could play with her right now!
This was my first time petting a bunny. Soooooft.
I met another friend in Frankfurt! I was a little worried that we wouldn't get to play for very long. I was right.
After we took lots and lots and lots of trains, we got to one of Daddy's favorite towns: Delft. Its benches aren't bad.
But what I really liked sitting on was this big hand.
I might live on this street someday. You never know.
My first step in the Atlantic Ocean in the Hague. Now I just have to try out the Pacific!
In know there's something in here I want. Mommy can't fool me.
Dutch beaches are windy. Weeeeee!
Guess where this pretty bench is? It's called the Peace Palace. It's full of peace. I love peace!
Did you ever hear the story about some little boy and a hole in a dam? Me neither. Booooooring.
Rotterdam was kind of boring too. I decided to just take a nap.
Usually I like sleeping in my sling though. After I got home from Europe that was the only way I would take naps for a while. Can you blame me?
One thing I really liked about the Netherlands was all the cool toys they have in their parks. Mommy says they must not sue each other as much as we Americans do.
Also, they have forks and spoons there almost as tall as me. That's always a bonus.
We got our own special compartment on the train to Luxembourg. It was fun, fun, fun. So fun I decided to give Mommy a kiss.
I was a viking in Frankfurt . . .
. . . where me and Mommy also crossed a jungle bridge!
At this restaurant, Mommy just wanted to eat me!
. . . but who says that means I can't still have a little milk in bed?
Guess what? Ally came home with me and we are still friends! We had fun together on the Fourth of July.
Do you know who else I had fun with on that day? Baba. That's what I call Uncle Jesse because he was playing with a ball with me one of the first times I learned to say "ball." Nickname by association. When I love someone, I cross my arms like this.
I came home to a darling bonnet from Avery's mama. I love it. Sometimes it's the only thing I wear--besides some food on my face, of course.
My hair is getting longer and curlier by the second!
This is my favorite pasttime now that I'm home.
Or sometimes this.
My other favorite thing to do is wear Mommy's articles of clothing over my neck. That's not really new though.
Do you know what else is really fun? Just pushing anything.
Sometimes I'm a little coy. Can't help it.
This is what I'll be doing the rest of the summer. Helping Mommy water. I like holding the wawa, but sometimes it surprises me and shoots me in the face. That's when I make my famous face.* * *
Zoë's tricks: Talking up a storm! Words include (but are not limited to) all the standards (mama, dada, up, hi, bye, out) plus down, mahma (for grandma), papa (for grandpa), amen, wawa (water) and agua, wa (walk), hap (happy), meow meow (said with tongue protruding from mouth), woof woof, etc. She's ever improving in her walking and climbing stairs standing up.
Zoë doesn't like: Getting her curly dreadlock removed every morning. Having to part ways with one of her toothbrushes for even a moment. Seeing anyone besides her open a car or house door with a key. Being inside for too long. Her toys when anyone else's are around. (We're learning about turns. I think she's starting to catch on.) Doing anything but running up and down the aisles at church. Having blankets over her legs or arms--hopefully she'll grow out of that one by winter.
It was fun to show Zoë all the new things and places we saw at the end of our trip, but we were also all so ready to come home, where Zoë gets naps, has a stroller, and a slower pace of life. Things just keep getting more and more fun with our little monkey, who has started copying everything we do.
Zoë's tricks: Talking up a storm! Words include (but are not limited to) all the standards (mama, dada, up, hi, bye, out) plus down, mahma (for grandma), papa (for grandpa), amen, wawa (water) and agua, wa (walk), hap (happy), meow meow (said with tongue protruding from mouth), woof woof, etc. She's ever improving in her walking and climbing stairs standing up.
Zoë's likes: She's utterly obssessed with ice--she'll stand at the base of the fridge, looking and reaching up, and demand "eye! eye!" until we give her some, and she never minds how cold it is in her hands. Fitting keys into locks. Going on walks. Playing in the water. Getting close but not too close to dogs and cats. Readings "buhs." Stuffed animals. Kids, kids, kids! Trying to ride trikes and bikes. Cherries. Running away and squealing when we say we're going to "get" her. Toothbrushes.
Zoë doesn't like: Getting her curly dreadlock removed every morning. Having to part ways with one of her toothbrushes for even a moment. Seeing anyone besides her open a car or house door with a key. Being inside for too long. Her toys when anyone else's are around. (We're learning about turns. I think she's starting to catch on.) Doing anything but running up and down the aisles at church. Having blankets over her legs or arms--hopefully she'll grow out of that one by winter.


4 comments:
I love that windy on the beach picture! Awesome. And I love how red her hair looks in some of the pics. Darling, darling girl.
love the way Z. wears your exercise bra! There are some pics in this post that should be entered into some kind of photo contest!!!!
oops-that last comment was NOT from Jesse but from your mom. I didn't know I was in Jesse's accoun. I THOUGHT I'd already written to you.
Wow, you guys have been busy! She is so cute! I love her curls!
Post a Comment