Monday, January 30, 2012

A hilarious conversation

The other night, I was cooking, Josh was working on his computer, and Zoe was . . . well getting married and giving birth, apparently. Luckily, since Josh was at his computer, he was able to transcribe the hilariousness while it happened. I love this record of the exact way she says everything!


ZOE
I'm going to Jenifa's wedding. She's getting married.

JOSH
Who's Jenifa?

ZOE
My daughter.

We're going to her wedding.

She's marrying Elizabeth. A Boy.

Jaden. His name is Jaden.

I didn't get married yet.

I'm going to get married right now but--

We both need to get married right now.

RACHEL
Why don't you both go to college too?

ZOE
You have to go to college before you get married?

RACHEL
Yes, you do.

ZOE
Hmmm…we're going to go to college right now!

Zoe runs in her room and starts rummaging through dress up clothes

She shouts from the other room…

ZOE
I'm going to college!

She finds a ring and runs back in.

ZOE
I went to college.

RACHEL
What did you study?

ZOE
I wanted to be a mom and a doctor and this is my wedding ring.

Let's dance because, turn on some music because, I want to dance because I want to have a wedding!

JOSH
Hold on just a second.

ZOE
Come on dad, I just want to get married!

Then Josh and Zoe faux swing dance to Frank Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon. Nico joins in on Almost Like Being In Love. Then, Josh and Zoe exchanged rings.

ZOE
We got married, right?

JOSH
Right.

ZOE
Is there is a baby in my tummy?

JOSH
No!

ZOE
But it's still in heaven, right? Because I need some milk.

Zoe goes into her room and gets a stuffed animal wrapped in a bandana.

ZOE
This is my baby. Her name is Limba. She's a girl.

A few minutes pass. Zoe brings the stuffed animal to Josh.

ZOE
Could you hold the baby because I am tired of being married. I can't do everything. I'm pregnant. I am so tired.

Zoe walks up to Rachel.

ZOE
I'm pregnant to dad.

JOSH
Would you stop talking about being pregnant.

ZOE
Why?

JOSH
That's for adults.

ZOE
But I am a dolt. Because I'm a mom. And I got married.

Josh gets a kick out of the "dolt because I'm a Mom" line.

Zoe walks up to Josh.

ZOE
It's okay. We're married. Keep it focused.

6 comments:

Kiera said...

Love this. Keep it focused! Haha.

Lizzie said...

Oh I just love Zoe! Tell her she can marry Kimball anytime! Very hilarious!

Jeff said...

Did she really say "keep it focused?" Where on earth...?

Jason & Shannon said...

Hahaha! So cute!

Julie said...

I love this Rachel - it reminds me of the Christmas party after I'd been writing a paper on birth videos on youtube and Joyce acted out a birth complete with moans, grunting and a triumphant raising of the baby. The woman watching her said, "Is she doing what I think she's doing?" and yes, she was. Giving birth that is.

Danielle said...

Haha...I love the "I'm pregnant I can't do everything" line...so funny!